>> Seems like you'd have to be able to pick out a list from all the
>> others, which means persisting a list of lists, which may be more
>> trouble than it's worth?
>
> You mean if the message is crossposted to multiple lists? Well then, I
> just use Reply to All.

Oh I get it.  I didn't remember that mailing list is part of the
header, and so it'd be unambiguous what 'Reply to List' really meant.
I was thinking Gmail would somehow have to pick "just the list" out of
the from: part of the header, where it might be mixed with any number
of personal addresses.  Google already lets us filter on mailing list,
so replying to it and only it makes sense as an option.  Good idea.

Kirby