> that looks very promising, i'll see if i can make a package of it for
> universe, so others can try it out in real life environments.
> a qustion that people ask me very often is if we offer a tool that makes
> it possible to import userdata from an excel exported file which your
> tool seems to achieve ...
>
> would it be possible that you put the code online in a bzr archive so
> other programmers can branch it easily ?

It is not releasable yet, I was only wondering if there was any interest
(and it goes beyond simple bugfixing - it just wouldn't be usable in
other environments than mine due to lack of customizability). I'd like
to have two or three more workdays before putting it up for branching
etc. Note "workdays", and as I'm pretty busy now that might not be until
January.

The difference is, now I will plan for it and perhaps squeeze a day or
two in soon.

(I see now that I probably posted this too early).

It is currently in a local SVN repository, but I'm not against switching
to bzr if that's more convenient for others... I'm not familiar enough
with bzr to answer your question - I can't grant others write-access or
run any kind of server, so I couldn't put things like CVS or Subversion
online, but if bzr facilitates branching from tarball-like downloadable
files then I could do it. Otherwise I might apply for a sourceforge
account in time.

As to Debian packaging, I appriciate any help there as I haven't touched
that stuff before. Any advice on make system? (Currently I have a shell
script for building documentation etc...should I bother with automake?)

Regarding excel imports, that's one of the features not quite done, but
high on the list. It will do text formats (CSV and friends), but I could
communicate with OpenOffice.org to do direct imports (in a later
version).

// Dag Sverre