Welcome to the Edubuntu community, Neil!

Since you mentioned an interest in documentation, I wanted to let you know
about the Edubuntu Cookbook at:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EdubuntuDocumentation/EdubuntuCookbook

Feel free to add a "recipe" on whatever you find useful and feel you could
explain to others (using the gimp, perhaps?) about Edubuntu.

The Cookbook will only be successful if community members such as yourself
contribute to it.

Thanks!

jeff elkner