On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 14:02 +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
> Hi Alistair
>
> On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 11:03 +0000, Alistair Crust wrote:
> > 2. So I place SOUND = y in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf (file didn't
> > exist). Reboot the machine (client)
>
> When you placed the "SOUND = y" in lts.conf, did you add a tag first
> that says [default]? (check http://jonathancarter.co.za/files/lts.conf
> for an example file)

 sorry I should have said, I did include [Default] at the top of the
file.

> I've tested it with "SOUND = True", and it works. I think "SOUND = y"
> works only for the older versions of LTSP. I think your other problems
> may be related to leaving out the [default] tag.
> -Jonathan

I had another bash at it and it appears that my issue may have a little
to do with this bug
(https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/ltsp-utils/+bug/22134 )

I changed SCREEN_01 to SCREEN_07 and bingo, i can log in. Although I
still have problems.

An amendment I have to my original post point 5. Does not give a
terminal login as stated but gives the LDM. But no "beep".

I suspect that the beep is a system beep directed through the sound
card.

crtl + alt + f2 gives this:
------
tty=/dev/tty2
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/#
Ubuntu 6.04 "Dapper Drake" Development Branch ltsp tty2

ltsp login:

-----
so i type student and get:

bash: student: command not found
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/#

I type 'ls /dev/dsp' and get:

password:

then what ever you type is echoed to the screen !

then the whole process starts again from ltsp login:

I have spotted that during startup if i press ctrl + alt + f1 then ctrl
+ alt + f8 I get some messages one of which is reporting
that /lib/udev/iftab_helper exited abnormally
and that /var/cache/man, /etc/hotplug/.run and /var/lib/xfree86 could
not be found.

I don't know if that is significant or not.

--
Kind regards
Alistair Crust