Alistair Crust wrote:

So here it is, finally get edubuntu-dapper working (after omitting to
spot the obvious of running ltsp-update-sshkeys as listed on the last
thread AND in the instructions here
https://wiki.edubuntu.org/ThinClientHowto ! Dooh!).

and I come across this while testing.

1. Sounds not working...

2. So I place SOUND = y in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf (file didn't
exist). Reboot the machine (client)

3. Client boots, but nothing.. just a terminal login prompt (i was
expecting a graphical, as ltsp should use default values for the other
params... right? like xserver = auto, etc)

Do you have tested all the "screen" with CTRL+ALT+F1 --> F9 , because when i test the package ltsp-server-standalone on dapper i had obtained the same surprise, but the graphic session was started in another "screen"

JFC

4. I go back to lts.conf and add SERVER = 10.35.191.30, XSERVER = auto.
Then reboot the client.

(Our network is a weird one 10.35.176.0/20)

5. Still the terminal login prompt.

6. I then add SCREEN_01 = startx and SCREEN_02 = shell. reboot the
client.

7. Odd... i now get GDM, sound (albiet a little beep... I turned the
speekers UP LOUD to check it wasn't the pc speaker), mouse... but no
keyboard. Num lock doesn't toggle the led as i'd expect. but mouse is
fine. Because of this I can't drop into the shell on SCREEN_02.

Anyone have any ideas where i can go from here?

--
Jean-François CLEMENT
I.3.S - LaTIM Inserm U650