hi,
Am Dienstag, den 14.03.2006, 15:00 +0100 schrieb Trond Mæhlum:
> Thank you. I got the terminal to boot. But got a commandprompt login.
> After hitting ctrl+alt+F7, I got the graphical login. This should be
> default, should it not?

yes, and you are the first one reporting this, if it happens again,
please file a bug against the ltsp-client package

> I was unable to login, after trying I just got returned to the login
> screen. This was _before_ running ltsp-update-sskeys. Right now our
> testconsole is occupied so I have to wait a little before trying again.
> Does ltsp-update-sshkeys have anything to do with the login-failure?
yes, we use ssh to forward the X traffic, it doesnt work with the right
keays in place ...

> Another thing. Is there a list of arguments that lts.conf will take? I'm
> thinking about the new(?) networkcompress option and sound. The edubuntu
> lts.conf take some different options than a standard ltsp setup, doesn't it?

there is no documentation for dapper yet (still on my list)
the values you can use to enable the above:

SOUND=True
NETWORK_COMPRESSION=True

additionally here is the list of breezy params:
https://wiki.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuLtsParams
(there is a lot moore in dapper)

ciao
        oli