On 4/6/06, Susan Addington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
See comments below

On Apr 6, 2006, at 1:13 PM, Mario Đanić wrote:

Part I - Welcome to the world of Edubuntu

Chapters:
  *About the book, why we decided to write it, etc
  *Ubuntu and it's philosophy
  *Concept behind Edubuntu
  *Why Edubuntu?

Part II - Edubuntu at home

Chapters:
 * Introduction to running Edubuntu standalone.
 * Hardware requirements
 * Installation

Part III - Edubuntu Computer lab / Edubuntu at school

 * Introduction to thin client computing.
 * Hardware requirements.
 * Administration
      * Users
      * more thinclient model specific things
 * Security (limits.conf, etc)
 *Keep LTSP in shape
 *Updates
      *updating Chroot

Part IV - Using Edubuntu
Using Edubuntu's Potential

 * Introduction to available software
      *Edubuntu educational applications
      * General software
      * Educational software
Is Educational software different from Edubuntu educational applications?

Well, the rest of educational software out there that isn't installed in Edubuntu.

Perhaps another item: links to CURRICULUM (and out-of-school activities) that use the software. It isn't trivial to do worthwhile things even if you have good software. Perhaps this is easy for writing and art, but it's not for math. Just say NO to Math Blaster (commercial program for computational drill, tarted up with animations and sound.)

 *Look & Feel
      * Maintain artwork package
      * Fit your needs

*Other shiny things

  * Printing
And other peripherals: speakers, projectors, cameras, scanners.... [Do they always work?]

No, it doesn't always work :)

  * Applying security updates
  * Upgrading to the next version
  * Contribute to Ubuntu

  * Support / Documentation
      * Where to find documentation
      * Community support
      * Commercial support

This is just a modification of Herman's layout, and it seems a lill' better now.
Anyway, please say your opinions.
Sorry for not sending this earlier, but I had a major headache almost entire week :-/

P.S. Please comment time, and layout.
This is for edubuntu cookbook.

Kind regards,
Mario

Kind regards,
Mario

Susan Addington

[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Math Department, California State University, San Bernardino