Hi,

A have installed Ubuntu Dapper Beta (6.06) on a Sempron 3000+ AMD64, 1GB RAM whith 11 old machines pentium 133 MHz, 32 MB RAM.

After lots of work, it works fine, and there somethings I would like do report and ask!

1- I have tryed install Edubuntu Dapper, but in the instalation process, I could not choose the arquiteture of the clients, so I had to Install Ubuntu, and pass the parameter "--arch i386" to ltsp-build-client to get it working.
Changing debconf priority or using expert mode doesn't let chosse de arch of clients on the instalation as well. Is it possible put a question on isntaller to chose the arch of the clients? Or there alredy a way to do it and I hadn't see it?

2- After the installation, my station only worked when I put the XSERVER=vesa option on lts.conf and sometimes, they stay at shell and I have get ALT+F7 to open X.

3- Whem the ltsp-server package and other packs updates, I Have to do ltsp-build-clients again or can I do $ sudo chroot /opt/ltsp/i386/ apt-get upgrade ?

4- A have another distro with LTSP working end it is faster than Ubuntu, but I'm decided to use Ubuntu. What can I do to reduce the memory used on terminal? (recompiling kernel, disabling shells are done, what else?) Seens (looking ltsp-build-client script) that restrictes modules aren't instaled on dapper version, is that rigth?

5- I put the ndb to put swap working (I have the messages in initialization that swap is on, and it was properly mounted)  , but I can't see any difference. And it seens that all clients are using the same swap files, is that possible??? Do I have to initialize a ndb-server tho each client (passed by /etc/default/ndb-server)???

6- I have get the local devices on stations working anyway, my job almost depends on it! :-O I'm tryed use ltspfs, but isn't worked!!! I follow the ltspfs wiki with some changes: instead of using cvs and compilling, I installed ltspfs deb package on server and ltspfsd package on station by chroot apt-get. Instead of using /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.sysinit and rc.localdev, I put all the comands in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/init.d/local-devices and chroot update-rc.d add local-device defaults. I comented the following lines:

# pr_set 67 "Creating Ramdisk"

#echo "Creating ramdisk on /tmp"
#RAMDISK_SIZE=${RAMDISK_SIZE:-"1024"}
#/sbin/mke2fs -q -m0 /dev/ram1 ${RAMDISK_SIZE}
#/bin/mount -n /dev/ram1 /tmp
I comented then couse ltsp-client-setup already mount the tmp directory.

#PATH=/bin:$PATH; export PATH
done in ltsp-client-setup, I think.

#eval `/bin/getltscfg -a`
#reg_info HOTPLUG
the commands doesn't exist!

I have configured dhcpd.conf on the server to put static IP's and names to eath MAC adress to.

but when I do:
$ tspfs ws002:/tmp/drives $HOME/foo
I have:
no matches found, authority file "-" not written
and it don't do anything!!!

Did I missed something?? What I do now??? I would like to help on implementation of this, if possible, testing of wherever I can do!

well, I think that's it. sorry the big mail and the terrible english.

see ya

Bruno Sousa Martin
Computer Engineer - Campinas University - São Paulo - Brasil
Unicamp - Universidade Estadual de Campinas
bruno.ujs (at) gmail (dot) com