How is work on the student control panel coming along?  I have tried to use it
under
Edubuntu 7.04 64-bit but keep getting x11vnc errors out of the box.  I have
copied
/etc/apt/sources.list to /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/apt and the chrooted to
/opt/ltsp/i386 and
sudo apt-get install xllvnc then made the changes to /etc/rc.local adding the
lines
"x11vnc -display :6 -forever -bg" and then mv K99rc.local S99rc.local as per the
directions on https://wiki.edubuntu.org/InstallX11VncOnLtspClients.  But that
still
returned the x11vnc error.  So I searched on Google and found that some have
had success
changing the rc.local line to "x11vnc -display :6 -forever -loop &" but that
still
didn't work for me.  Next I found that some have used "x11vnc -display :6
-forever -loop
-shared &" to get things working so I tried that.  Now I can see the thumbnail
image of
clients under Screen Viewer and no more x11vnc error, but I still can't
control/observe/blank the workstations.

Am I missing something or is this still under development?

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
453-5188