Hi,

in general, I'd suggest sending user-level questions to edubuntu-users list
rather then developer list.  You'll get more help there

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Will wrote:

> I'm new to Ubuntu and am struggling to find the information I need.  I am
> currently running Edubuntu Server 7.1 in its default configuration with
> the exception of changing the ip and updating the thin client image and
> sshkeys.  All is working well.

Great.

> My first goal is to disable the need for a machine key when use NX to
> connect to the server from other clients.  I suppose I am to run
> something like "nxsetup --setup-nomachine-key", but I am unsure if or
> how to do this in my current setup.  Help would be appreciated.
>
> This is on a private lan and session security is not a concern.  I am
> planning on using a separate thin client (2x PXE) to connect to the
> Edubuntu ltsp, which will allow me to do load balancing when I add more
> Edubuntu servers.  I also wish some people to use an windows NX client
> without having to worry about copying the key from the server.

To be honest, NX is not a technology that's used much within Edubuntu so
I'd say you might be better off asking on an NX forum or list to get good
help on that.  LTSP thin clients themselves usually use ssh tunnelled X
connections rather than NX.

> Beyond this, I am hoping to have the server authenticate users with my
> LDAP server (active directory), specifically thin client users.  If
> anyone has a recommended tutorial for this, that would be great.

Matt Oquist maintains an automated installer for smb-ldap which will
apparently do this.  I don't think it has been updated for 7.10 yet, so it
may not work.  7.04 (released last april)

        http://majen.net/smbldap/

Jim Kronebusch has (or had) a manual howto for 7.04 which google now
caches.  You might give that a read.

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:2ILdrKtaEpkJ:www.1-cs.com/ubuntu_ldap_howto.txt+ubuntu+ldap+ltsp&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3

Gavin