Hi "oneforall"

I do not understand your problem with Source and Destination NAT 100%?
This is realy quite simple, just enter NAT in google and you will get
perfect detailed information about DNAT ans SNAT. This is nothing
developed by Endian. "DNAT is a technique for transparently changing the
destination IP address of an en-route packet and performing the inverse
function for any replies." And "A common definition for Source NAT is
the counterpart of Destination NAT (DNAT)." So in Destination NAT the
DESTINATION IP is changed and in Source NAT the SOURCE IP is changed!!??
So the explanation is already part of the name =))

I think for what to use DNAT is clear, right? Publishing a single
Service or server to the www  is one possible usage...
For SNAT (or better let's talk from SourceNAT 'cause SNAT can have other
meanings aswell) one possible scenario could be that you would like a
webserver in Zone orange to send it's packets over external IP1 while
the pcs in green zone use external IP2. In this case efw would have to
translate all ips coming from network orange and green. In efw this
would look like this:

Source: NetworkIP from your orange Zone which you would like to be
transformed
Target: Uplink main (red)
Service/Port: ALL (or just the services/ports you need)
NAT: NAT (--> telling efw that it must translate the packets)
Sourceadress: Uplink main - IP: IP1

Source: NetworkIP from your green Zone which you would like to be
transformed
Target: Uplink main (red)
Service/Port: ALL (or just the services/ports you need)
NAT: NAT (--> telling efw that it must translate the packets)
Sourceadress: Uplink main - IP: IP2

>From outside your network it will look like as your webserver is
responding from IP1 and all your PCs from IP2 =) That's not damn hard to
understand, right? As it sounds for me you can ignore Incoming routed
traffic: you won't need it!

Give yourself a overview looking at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation

cu