In version 2.2 there is a proxy option to write some domains that can be
reached withouth authentication.
In version 2.4 this option is removed because the interface is
rearranged to allow multiple profiles and multile access policies where
the constructions allow to disable authentication.
So, I suppose, the only way to put on a domains whitelist is to insert
these domains in the whitelist custom fields and forbid in the blacklist
custom field all top-level domains.
But this rule, if evaluated first in an access policy, prevents further
evaluations and the browser do not ask for authentication.
If this rule is evaluated last then browser asks always for
authentication so the whitelisted domains cannot be reached without
authentication.
The solution, in my opinion, is to restore the field present in the
authentication page in version 2.2 but I don't know where to find the code.
Another way is to modify the squid.conf directly but it isn't a clean way.

If anyone has tried a different solution to this problem I'm glad to
know it.

Prof. Davide Cottignoli
Istituto Geometri Ravenna, Italia