  From: Fernando Cabrera
  To: AJ Weber ; efw-user@lists.sourceforge.net
  Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 12:34 PM
  Subject: Re: [Efw-user] Bridge Mode?

  Ok , now i understand what you wish to accomplish

  ----+ === +---------------+       +---------------+      +-----+
  WAN |     | Load Balancer | ===== | Endian Bridge | ==== | LAN |
  ----+ === +---------------+       +---------------+      +-----+

  Been there ... done that....

  The endian will work as a bridge in your network and you need:

    a.. two interfaces, one goes connected to the lan switch, the other one
goes to the load balancer.
    b.. when configuring the endian both interfaces goes to the green zone, and
the red zone configure it as gateway and put the lan ip address of your load
balancer.
    c.. in your firewall rules filter traffic using input interface and output
interface.

    d.. Configure the proxy's you wish to use, as a general rule try to use
explicit proxy in the http proxy configuration an manually configure the proxy
in your clients. If you got Active Directory you coud enable integration and
use group based profiles (work like a charm in win 2003, buggy in win 2008).

    e.. the default gateway of your network will be your Load balancer. your
endian will sit silently in the middle filtering traffic because is acting like
a bridge, every thing that receive in one interface it forward it to the other
interface, only that before its forward the traffic it will apply firewall
rules and proxy rules (SMTP, HTTP, POP3,etc).
  I'll gladly help you if you got problems.

  FERNANDO CABRERA JARAMILLO