I agree that upgrading is probably a good idea but I am not sure this will
solve your issue.  The whole point of the SIP proxy is to help with SIP
firewall transversal.  I have used endian on a lot of sites now with asterisk
VoIP boxes behind them and it works really well once you have a good config.
From your original description, I would guess that probably the endian firewall
isn't to blame in this situation - just because it works again when you reboot
doesn't have to mean that the firewall was causing the issue.  Try just
disconnecting your WAN port then reconnecting, so see if this makes a
difference.  I take it that when you have problems with the phones registering
with the SIP server, the rest of the services on the endian are unaffected?  ie
web surfing, mail etc?
If you can provide a bit more info about your setup I maybe able to offer you
some more detailed help

Kevin