Hi,

Never did this scenario case.

Couple of questions:

How pfsense and endian are connected?

What are the networks for pfsense and endian?

Have you done a trace path/trace route on your endian to an internal IP or
to your system?

Traceroute or tracepath from your endian to an external address such as
yahoo.com and see if the packet traverse from your gateway that is pf sense.

You might need to add route on your endian. Default route should be your
pfsense that is 0.0.0.0 ,0.0.0.0   192.168.100.1(pfsense-ipaddress)

Also under endian firewall and under firewall menu go to incoming routed
traffic and create a rule to allow incoming routed traffic on your green
subnet.

I hope this helps.

Farzan
On Apr 28, 2012 3:54 AM, "Eduardo Mendes" <eduardo.men...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm doing some tests in my lab and found a very weird problem. I have two
> servers: one has pfsense and it is my gateway to the internet. The second
> one is a Endian Community 2.5.1 configured as a gateway. PFSENSE is the
> only one with two networks: one is connected to my lan and the other one is
> my cable modem.
>
> The problems is every time I add the pfsense ip as the default gateway in
> Endian, pfsense starts to block traffic that comes from endian to my
> workstation(from where I am accessing endian web interface). I send a
> packet to endian. Endian replies it, but it replies through its default
> gateway - pfsense.  Hence I lose access to endian web interface. If I
> restore endian to its factory configuration, or if I delete the default
> gateway, I get the access back.
>
> My question here is why endian, when configured on gateway mode, is
> sending all the traffic through its default gateway - pfsense - if both
> endian and my workstation are on the same network? Have anyone had luck
> configuring a endian, as a gateway, behind a pfsense?
>
> -Eduardo.

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager (
ad...@rosmini.school.nz). Please note that any views or opinions presented
in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this
email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Rosmini Collegeaccepts
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
email.