Damien Sandras wrote:

>>> Is the linux driver loaded for your camera?
>>>

>> Using the configuration assistant I can use the camera Microphone as the
>> audio input. The next step is the video input, choices are pictures,
>> V4l, V4l2 or 1394avc, but none find the camera. I have the V4L2 loaded.
>> I tried the camera on an Edubuntu 7.10 amd64 it worked with the V4L2
>> module. Interesting.
>>

> Compare the lsmod output on both machines.

The Module that is missing on the box that does not display the video is
call what else "video".
Which package in Debian testing supplies the video mod?

I installed Ekiga on Edubuntu and it just worked, there are just a few
issues with the disto I have to come to terms with before I switch, none
of which are related to Ekiga.

Paul