Thanks Damien,

I see nothing referencing something like "instant message."  I see call a
number and when I call it, the phone being called rings and I start talking to
whoever answers the phone..  What do I do to send an "instant message" to that
number?  I am missing something I fear.  Probably something pretty simple.  I
don't have a cell phone so don't know much about texting.

John