I enabled sms receive on my diamond card phone, which I call my "bat phone."
So when I send a text the reply shows in my email and on the diamondcard site.
But it doesn't show in the ekiga text window, probably because that number
must be a mobile (cell) number and I don't think the phone numbers diamondcard
gives out qualify as cell phone numbers.

Anyway, its pretty cool.  I can receive and send text messages without having
a cellphone.

Thanks to all for  your help.

John