Dear Nicolas,

> What is the status of Azure support in elasticluster? Did someone manage to
> recently run elasticluster with Azure?

As far as I can recall, this is the first time someone posts attempts at
getting clusters running on Azure (apart from the author of the Azure
backend code, years ago).

Indeed, I tried following the instructions at
the link you posted and they didn't work:

* the procedure for uploading management certificates has changed, the
  new procedure is here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-api-management-certs

* the Azure native provider in ElastiCluster has a few code problems
  (`wait_timeout` being set to the wrong default, hard-codes names
  "frontend" and "compute" for nodes, etc.)

* I didn't have much luck in using the LibCloud-based driver either: the
  code seems to rely on a `list_key_pairs()` function which is not
  implemented in the Azure driver...

These may all be relatively easy to fix, but I won't have time for this
in the next few days.

I am afraid I must say that Azure is currently not working in
ElastiCluster and that wouldn't be fixed soon, unless somebody has time
to contribute code or debugging.

Ciao,

Riccardo Murri / Email: riccardo.mu...@gmail.com / Tel.: +41 77 458 98 32