This is drving me crazy! No, I am not using Maven, just a plain simple java
sample project/eclipse. It works fine with Node builder and getting client
from node, but if i use transport client instead, it gives the above
mentioned exception. As far as I know I have included all the possible
dependencies. and here are the imports:

import static org.elasticsearch.node.NodeBuilder.*;

import java.util.ArrayList;

import java.util.Date;

import java.util.HashMap;

import java.util.Iterator;

import java.util.Map;

import java.io.File;

import java.io.FileNotFoundException;

import java.io.FileReader;

import org.elasticsearch.action.delete.DeleteResponse;

import org.elasticsearch.action.get.GetResponse;

import org.elasticsearch.action.search.SearchResponse;

import org.elasticsearch.action.search.SearchType;

import org.elasticsearch.client.Client;

import org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient;

import static org.elasticsearch.index.query.QueryBuilders.fieldQuery;

import org.elasticsearch.index.query.*;

import org.elasticsearch.index.query.CommonTermsQueryBuilder.Operator;

import org.elasticsearch.index.query.MatchQueryBuilder.Type;

import org.elasticsearch.rest.RestStatus;

import org.elasticsearch.search.SearchHit;

import org.elasticsearch.search.SearchHits;

import org.elasticsearch.node.Node;

import org.elasticsearch.node.NodeBuilder;

import org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.AliasMetaData;

import
org.elasticsearch.action.admin.indices.alias.IndicesAliasesRequestBuilder;

importorg.elasticsearch.action.admin.indices.alias.get.IndicesGetAliasesResponse;

//import static org.elasticsearch.node.NodeBuilder.nodeBuilder;

import org.hamcrest.EasyMock2Matchers;

import
org.elasticsearch.action.admin.indices.create.CreateIndexRequestBuilder;

import org.elasticsearch.action.admin.indices.delete.DeleteIndexRequest;

import org.elasticsearch.action.admin.indices.delete.DeleteIndexResponse;

import org.elasticsearch.action.index.IndexRequestBuilder;

import org.elasticsearch.action.index.IndexResponse;

import org.elasticsearch.action.search.SearchPhaseExecutionException;

import org.elasticsearch.action.search.ShardSearchFailure;

import org.elasticsearch.common.settings.ImmutableSettings;

import org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings;

import org.elasticsearch.common.transport.InetSocketTransportAddress;

import org.elasticsearch.common.xcontent.XContentFactory;

import org.elasticsearch.search.facet.FacetBuilders;

import org.elasticsearch.action.bulk.*;

import java.io.IOException;

import java.net.InetAddress;

import java.nio.ByteBuffer;

import java.nio.charset.Charset;

import java.nio.charset.StandardCharsets;

import java.nio.file.Files;

import java.nio.file.Paths;

import java.util.Random;

import java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException;

import static org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.IndexMetaData.
SETTING_NUMBER_OF_REPLICAS;

import static org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.IndexMetaData.
SETTING_NUMBER_OF_SHARDS;

import static
org.elasticsearch.common.settings.ImmutableSettings.settingsBuilder;

import static org.elasticsearch.common.xcontent.XContentFactory.jsonBuilder;

import static org.elasticsearch.index.query.FilterBuilders.*;

import static org.elasticsearch.index.query.QueryBuilders.*;

import static
org.elasticsearch.index.query.functionscore.ScoreFunctionBuilders.scriptFunction
;

import org.json.simple.JSONObject;

import org.json.simple.JSONArray;

import org.json.simple.parser.ParseException;

import org.json.simple.parser.JSONParser;