If my memory serves me well one of the issues with plugins is missing
classloading isolation. If you have two plugins installed on a single node
they can clash (we have been hit by this with our own plugins and it took
us some time to figure it out because the symptom was not deterministic).
If Marvel contains Java code that is installed as a plugin it would be imo
useful if the code were a bit more transparent, especially for plugin
developers.

Regards,
Lukáš