Hi all,

I have a question on how sorting during queries works in elasticsearch.

I have an index with a custom date format field, on which the sort is applied.
When quering the index for a given keywork, results are provided with the given
sort.

However, I've observed that some documents are not present in the result set. I
would have expected these results to be part of the result set as it would be
in relational systems using the SQL ORDER BY statement.  I've verified that
these missing documents are covered by the query using the explain api.
According to the documentation, score computation ist not performed when using
sorts on fields.

Maybe someone can provide more information on how sorting is done?

I am using Elasticsearch 1.0.0RC1 on debian whezzy with openjdk7-jdk.

Thanks, Adrian