cloud-aws 2.0.0.RC1 is supposed to work with es 1.0.1.
A new version will come really soon when we will have merged a pending PR.

If you want to make sure that everything is running correctly, you could change
logging.yml file and set discovery to TRACE

--
David Pilato | Technical Advocate | Elasticsearch.com
@dadoonet | @elasticsearchfr