Hi

I am also facing same issue of no dicovery.ec2 logs getting generated for
elasticsearch 1.0.1 and cloud-aws plugin 2.0.0.RC

I tried the corrected version of setting given:

cloud:
   aws:
     access_key: XXXXXX
     secret_key: XXXXXX
     region: ap-southeast-1
discovery:
     type: ec2
     groups: <security Group name>

Difference is the region.

I have created two nodes(one is master node with node.data = false and
other one is just a data node with node.master = false)

Even when I try for unicast and specify hard coded private ip then also the
second node does not joins the cluster.

I installed head plugin on the master node which is working fine and I m
able to view one node in the browser.

Please guide me on what I am doing wrong.