So there's potentially several things going on here:

1) Your query may be too broad - depending on how your analysis is set up
you are likely querying for [fuel] OR [cell] OR [battery] as independent
words meaning you'll match a lot of docs e.g. those mentioning only "fuel
prices" etc. This reduces the "cohesion" of the topics covered in the
result set. Consider use of ANDs or phrases on free-text queries or use
untokenized category fields to tighten up the result set.
2) Some of your docs look to cover many diverse topics in one doc e.g. this
one mentions fuel, facebook and a
drugstore: http://www.marketintelligencecenter.com/articles/469889 Can
these multi-story pages be filtered out somehow?
3) Do your bodies have standard "boilerplate" text common to many pages?
e.g. the author's biography as shown here:
http://www.marketintelligencecenter.com/articles/498395 If so then the
repetition of a common passage may make certain words undesirably highly
correlated with a topic because the author who covers that industry sector
likely has his biography in every related page and words from his biography
e.g. a university will be skewed in that industry sector.

So reasonably clean, on-topic data is required to derive anything sensible
using this statistical approach.