I do not use Marvel, but another monitoring system built on top of
Elasticsearch. I use the Elasticsearch Curactor to delete old indices:
https://github.com/elasticsearch/curator

I have a cron entry to run the curator once per day. Perhaps something
already exists in Marvel, not sure since I am not a user.

Cheers,

Ivan