On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 3:33 PM, 'Adolfo Rodriguez' via elasticsearch
<elasticsearch@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> i was using release elasticsearch-0.90.5 in my exploited server, so maybe
> this is already fixed in current release by disabling script.disable_dynamic
> by default

I got caught by this a week ago using 1.1.0 on Ubuntu 12.04. Had
not even thought about a high port like 9200 being open by default.
(And no, there's no Tomcat or Struts app on that box.)

Luckily NewRelic tipped me off right away and I was able to put it
into rescue mode while I provisioned a new server.

One more item for the checklist :-)

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder