I mean, you can add a MyOwnFunctionBuilder/MyOwnFunctionParser to
Elasticsearch via plugin. See
package org.elasticsearch.index.query.functionscore for the standard
implementations.

The functionscore code is masterpiece quality - no need to modify existing
code! It is pluggable.

A close example to what you want to achieve is
org.elasticsearch.index.query.functionscore.fieldvaluefactor

This would be an alternative to the AbstractSearchScript call
implementation path you have chosen so far

Jörg