Thanks Ivan for the suggestions, I'll try to make use of them.

Drew, Sorry I din't get the part when you said "There's nothing wrong with
having a yellow cluster" And yes I agree ES does a good job of rebalancing
but just think of a case where you have close to few hundred GBs of data
per shard which will move around the cluster even though the new node takes
only few minutes to come back up. Hence, looking to avoid unnecessary
network i/O.

-- Sagar