Thanks a lot for the insight Patrick.

I have a few more queries:

   - it is possible to disable the '_source' and '_all' fields by default
   for all the indices that would be created later (possibility define in the
   elasticsearch.yml file)
   - what happens if my index is created and then i disable '_source' and
   '_all' fields, would that effect the file size of the index, i.e., will the
   fields be removed/disabled for only the documents that will be added after
   the disabling the fields??

Thanks and Regards
Sri