Thanks for sharing - can you also give an example of the table initialization
in init.hive vs myscript.hql?

Cheers!

On 6/16/14 11:19 PM, Jinyuan Zhou wrote:
Just share a solution  I learned  hive side.

hive cli has an -i option that takes a  file of hive commands to initilize the
session.
so I can put a list of set comand as well as add jar ... command in one file,
say inithive
then run the cli as this:  hive -i init.hive -f myscript.hql.  Note table
creation hql inside myscript.hql don't have to
set es.* properties as long as it appears in init.hive file  This solves my
problem.
Thanks,

Jinyuan (Jack) Zhou

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Jinyuan Zhou <zhou.jiny...@gmail.com