As a test result, I got exceptions when I tried to use the newest 1.2.2
java client to connect to a 1.0.3 cluster:

18:05:41.020 [elasticsearch[Slipstream][transport_client_worker][T#1]{New
I/O worker #1}] [INFO ] [] org.elasticsearch.client.transport[105] -
[Slipstream] failed to get local cluster state for
[#transport#-1][e-note][inet[/192.168.200.81:9300]], disconnecting...
org.elasticsearch.transport.RemoteTransportException:
[server-cat][inet[/192.168.21.81:9300]][cluster/state]
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Readable byte limit exceeded: 48
at
org.elasticsearch.common.netty.buffer.AbstractChannelBuffer.readByte(AbstractChannelBuffer.java:236)

~[elasticsearch-1.2.2.jar:na]
at
org.elasticsearch.transport.netty.ChannelBufferStreamInput.readByte(ChannelBufferStreamInput.java:132)

~[elasticsearch-1.2.2.jar:na]
at
org.elasticsearch.common.io.stream.StreamInput.readVInt(StreamInput.java:141)
~[elasticsearch-1.2.2.jar:na]
at
org.elasticsearch.common.io.stream.StreamInput.readString(StreamInput.java:272)
~[elasticsearch-1.2.2.jar:na]
at
org.elasticsearch.common.io.stream.HandlesStreamInput.readString(HandlesStreamInput.java:61)

~[elasticsearch-1.2.2.jar:na]
at
org.elasticsearch.common.io.stream.StreamInput.readStringArray(StreamInput.java:362)

~[elasticsearch-1.2.2.jar:na]
at
org.elasticsearch.action.admin.cluster.state.ClusterStateRequest.readFrom(ClusterStateRequest.java:132)

~[elasticsearch-1.2.2.jar:na]
at
org.elasticsearch.transport.netty.MessageChannelHandler.handleRequest(MessageChannelHandler.java:209)

~[elasticsearch-1.2.2.jar:na]
at
org.elasticsearch.transport.netty.MessageChannelHandler.messageReceived(MessageChannelHandler.java:109)

~[elasticsearch-1.2.2.jar:na]

I didn't find any metioned break change about this exceptioin.

在 2014年7月4日星期五UTC+9下午3时31分07秒,David Pilato写道: