Hi,

I'm working on improving the search response of ES but not able to do
anything. My scenario is something like this:

I'm using 3 ES queries to get relevant results for my autocompleter.

1. A function score query with a match query  ( To get a correct match if
user typed query is available in documents based on popularity)

2. A multi match query  (To handle those scenarios in which a user types
some text which is present in different fields in a document since my
documents are multi fields like name, address, city, state, country )

3. A query string (In order to ensure if I missed user query by the above
type I'll be able to search using more powerful but less accurate query
string)

Along with all the 3 queries, I'm using 4 filters (clubbed using AND
filter).

My performance is really bad and I want to improve it along with delivering
relevat results in my autocompleter.

Can anyone help me how can I improve this ? Any way I can club the queries
for better performance ?

I have read that I BOOL filters should be used instead of AND filter since
they use bitset which are cached internally. I think this makes one
improvement because if in the first query ES stores the information of
filters in bitset, it can reuse it in other two queries. That will make the
thigs a little fast but based on queries, I'm not able to do any
improvement ?

Is there any way by which I can combine match and multi-match queries ( 1
and 2) into a single effective query.

Also, in place of query_string should I use some other query for faster
execution.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks