Hi,
We are using elasticsearch 0.90.1. We had some problems with the network,
when the network is down (the convergence time is around 40s). Recovering
the elastic after this event took a long time to be available. We have 16
data nodes and 16 shards with 2 replica and the settings:

discovery.zen.minimum_master_nodes: 4
gateway.recover_after_nodes: 4
gateway.expected_nodes: 6

Any idea about how to minimize the recovery time?
Is it a good idea to update the version?
What will happen if we increase discovery.zen.fd.ping_interval and
ping_timeout settings? Assuming the network is completely off, is there any
way to wait for at least those 40 seconds to start marking servers down?
Does the ping_timeout ignore the failure to connect to a node?

Thanks.