You applied a mapping to index _river and type newindex.

This is not what I said. You need to apply your mapping to newindex index and
newindex type.

Basically something like:
PUT /newindex/

PUT /newindex/newindex/_mapping
{

      "newindex" : {
   "properties": {
   "marques": {"type": "string"},
   "ventes": {"type": "long"},
   "mois":{"type": "date"}

David Pilato | Technical Advocate | Elasticsearch.com
@dadoonet | @elasticsearchfr