Hi,

I have been performing indexing operations in my elasticsearch cluster for
some time now. Suddenly, I have been facing some latency while indexing and
I'm trying to find the reason for it.

Details:

I have a custom process which is uploading every interval a number of logs
with bulk API. This process was taking about 5-7 minutes every time. For
some reason, the last days I noticed that the exact same procedure, same
volumes, takes about 15-20 minutes. While manipulating the data I run
update operations through scripting (groovy). My cluster is a set of 5
nodes, my first impression was that I need to scale therefore I added an
extra node. The problem seemed that it was solved but after a day again I
face the same issue.

Is it possible to give some ideas about what to check, or what seems to be
the issue? How is possible to check if a background process is running or
creating any issues (expunge etc.)? Does anyone has any similar problems?

Any help appreciated, let me know what info to share

ES version is 1.3.1
JDK is 1.7

Thanks