Thanks for the reply, Vineeth!

What's a practical heap size? I've seen some people saying they set it to
30gb but this confuses me because in the /etc/default/elasticsearch file,
the comment suggests the max is only 1gb?

I'll look into the threadpool issue. Is there a Java API for monitoring
Cluster Node health? Can you point me at an example or give me a link to
that?

Thanks!