Hi All,

I have an embedded Search Engine in our product which is based on Lucene
4.8.1 and now I would like to migrate it to latest ElasticSearch 1.4 for
better distributed support (sharding and replication, mainly). Could you
guide me how one should migrate the existing indexes created by Lucene to
ES.

I have referred to the mail thread - migrate lucene index into elasticsearch
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/elasticsearch/migrating/elasticsearch/xCE7124eAL8/ZFluLXqO_IcJ>.

And based on the discussion in it appears to me that  it's not a easy job
or even not feasible. I am wondering if there is some plugin (river) or
tool or any work around available to migrate the existing indexes created
by Lucene to ES.

I googled that an ES plugin available for SOLR to ES migration :
http://blog.trifork.com/2013/01/29/migrating-apache-solr-to-elasticsearch/ .
Do we have someting similar for Lucene to ES migration.

Thanks
Gaurav