Thanks Jorg for the guidance and I have am trying the suggested approach #1
and I have further question on it.

As you mentioned - *"- a custom written tool could traverse the segments
and extract field information and build a rudimentary mapping (without
analyzer, without info about _all and _source and all Elasticsearch
add-ons)".*

We already have a Lucene Index metadata (i.e. field names, type, analyzer
etc.) available as an xml, so I can create the mapping without traversing
the segments. Should I create segment file "segments.gen" using the mapping
file and using some dummy values and then put all the other old lucene
index files ( except "segments.gen" ) from existing lucene index files
(e.g. - segments_2,_0.cfe,_0.cfs,_0.si,_1.cfe,_1.cfs etc.)

*sample mapping xml file :-*
<Mapping>
<indexField>
<analyzed>true</analyzed>
<fieldanalyzer>Standard</fieldanalyzer>
<indexFieldName>AddressLine1</indexFieldName>
<name>AddressLine1</name>
<stored>true</stored>
<type>string</type>
</indexField>
<indexField>
<analyzed>true</analyzed>
<fieldanalyzer>Standard</fieldanalyzer>
<indexFieldName>Building_Name</indexFieldName>
<name>Building_Name</name>
<stored>true</stored>
<type>string</type>
</indexField>
<indexField>
<analyzed>true</analyzed>
<fieldanalyzer>Keyword</fieldanalyzer>
<indexFieldName>GNAF_PID</indexFieldName>
<name>GNAF_PID</name>
<stored>true</stored>
<type>string</type>
</indexField>