On 2014-11-22 09:35, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> Hi Konstantin,
>
> Check out http://gibrown.com/2014/11/19/elasticsearch-the-broken-bits/

Good writing! Thanks.

I wonder if there's any drawback from cutting indices in smaller (tiny?) shards?

My thinking is this: We don't really change data in our bigger indices, we
just keep adding to them, so ultimately as we re-build node, they should all
have the same version of the old shards, which should make re-start, and even
re-build from backups much faster.

--
http://yves.zioup.com
gpg: 4096R/32B0F416