Setup:

Rsyslog provides log from mutiple servers to a central server. Directory
structure is like:

    /var/log/rsyslog/SERVER-1/2014-10-21/*.log

    /var/log/rsyslog/SERVER-2/2014-10-21/*.log

So multiple server directories each having multiple dates within and
multiple log files.

Now, we setup ELK to read store and view these logs.

Eg: Logstash

     file{
                path => [
                 "/var/log/rsyslog/**/cron.log",
                 "/var/log/rsyslog/**/kernel.log",
                ]

         }

Issue:

Every day a new directory with current date say 2014-11-25 is created and
logstash tracks it with the glob input.

So logstash will keep on opening files as they are added and after a point
nofile limit will cross.

What is the best way to handle this?

I read online about log rotation but that I guess is when file size grows
lot, but my issue is of number of files.

Any help is appreciated.