Adrian,

Thanks for that.  I had a feeling that that might be the case.

Any tips on improving aggregation performance.  I'm working with a 20 shard
index that is loaded on a 20 node cluster.  Geohash grid aggregations on
the entire data set (with the size set to unlimited - a requirement) can
take as long as 8 seconds (and return ~ 1 million buckets).  I am very
happy with that performance, but if there are any tricks to improve it I
would be glad to do so.

Thanks,

Elliott