If you see

cluster:monitor/nodes/stats[n]] request_id [82300775] timed out after
[15000ms]

in the logs, you have a monitor tool running that can not complete requests
because it takes longer than 15 seconds to traverse all the data folders on
all the nodes.

There are a number of methods to reduce disk traversal time in the data
folders:

- switch off monitoring (not really helpful) or reduce monitor interval
(maybe helpful, maybe not)

- increase stats request timeout (if monitor tools allow this but this does
not solve the cause of the problem)

- monitor only an index subset of your cluster (monitor tools usually do
not have this option)

- reduce number of segments per node -> either by optimizing indices or
adding nodes

- wait for a fix in a future ES release

Have you counted the total number of segments? If the number is high, did
you run _optimize with max_num_segments on your indices to reduce the
number of segments?

Jörg