The thing is I don't think is the monitor plugin.  When this happens, my
node gets disconnected and the cluster goes into yellow state till it
recovers .   I am using curator optimize , it is set to 2 segments for
indices older than 2 days .

On Saturday, January 10, 2015 at 2:56:52 PM UTC+2, Revan007 wrote:

> Hey, thank you for answering, I am using Marvel latest version.
>
> Here is more info about the problem :
>
> https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues/9212#issuecomment-69292232
>
> On Saturday, January 10, 2015 at 2:50:02 PM UTC+2, Jörg Prante wrote:
>>
>> If you see
>>
>> cluster:monitor/nodes/stats[n]] request_id [82300775] timed out after
>> [15000ms]
>>
>> in the logs, you have a monitor tool running that can not complete
>> requests because it takes longer than 15 seconds to traverse all the data
>> folders on all the nodes.
>>
>> There are a number of methods to reduce disk traversal time in the data
>> folders:
>>
>> - switch off monitoring (not really helpful) or reduce monitor interval
>> (maybe helpful, maybe not)
>>
>> - increase stats request timeout (if monitor tools allow this but this
>> does not solve the cause of the problem)
>>
>> - monitor only an index subset of your cluster (monitor tools usually do
>> not have this option)
>>
>> - reduce number of segments per node -> either by optimizing indices or
>> adding nodes
>>
>> - wait for a fix in a future ES release
>>
>> Have you counted the total number of segments? If the number is high, did
>> you run _optimize with max_num_segments on your indices to reduce the
>> number of segments?
>>
>> Jörg
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 6:55 AM, Revan007 <dra...@pionix.ro> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> I am having trouble for some while. I am getting random node disconnects
>>> and I cannot explain why.
>>> There is no increase in traffic ( search or index ) when this is
>>> happening , it feels so random to me .
>>> I first thought it could be the aws cloud plugin so I removed it and
>>> used unicast and pointed directly to my nodes IPs but that didn't seem to
>>> be the problem .
>>> I changed the type of instances, now m3.2xlarge, added more instances,
>>> made so much modifications in ES yml config and still nothing .
>>> Changed java oracle from 1.7 to 1.8 , changed CMS collector to G1GC and
>>> still nothing .
>>>
>>> I am out of ideas ... how can I get more info on what is going on ?
>>>
>>> Here are the logs I can see from master node and the data node
>>> http://pastebin.com/GhKfRkaa
>>>

>>> Current config:
>>>

>>> 6 m3.x2large, 1 master, 5 data nodes.
>>> 414 indices, index/day
>>> 7372 shards. 9 shards, 1 replica per index
>>> 208 million documents, 430 GB