You can visit "localhost:9200/${your_index}/${your_type}/_search" in your
browser.
Then check whether the number of hits._total is correspond to the number of
your db data or not.

Yes, ES will use standard analyzer when no analyzer is specified explicitly
in your _mapping or elasticsearch.yml.

Actually I think kuromoji is better than the default standard analyzer if
you want to search the japanese fields.

You can try `curl 'localhost:9200/_analyze?analyzer=standard' -d '
高速スケーラブル検索エンジン'` and change the 'analyzer' to 'kuromoji' to check which one
is better if you're interested.
Docs here.
<http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/indices-analyze.html>