I have had experience with such but _not_ without data loss.  The reality
is that some data loss has already occurred.  I am not aware of any ES
solution that will allow you to retrieve what data remains, without further
data loss, and restore the index to green status.  I have seen reference to
some who in desperate situations have resorted to writing Lucene code in
order extract the data from the lucene level in order build a new index.  I
also suspect if the index is searchable, that you can perform a scan and
scroll to retrieve what records remain, and build a new index.

It would seem that you need to take a backup of the index as it is and
proceed soon to rebuild that index, as in this degraded state the risk of
additional data loss is real.

I truly hope that ElasticSearch continues in the direction of making their
tools Enterprise ready, including building some data recovery tools for
this very situation.  When it happened to me, I got lucky and no longer
needed the index that was corrupted.  I also have a source of data that
will allow me to rebuild my indexes at any point with an Amazon EMR job.