Hi,

I have ES  "0.20.3" .. with a single index replicated on 2 servers .. with
5 shards ..*   size: 57.2gb / docs: 36060297 *

I have webpages(the docs) indexed since 2013 ...  so I want to delete
everything and keep 1 year worth of documents

how can I do this safely on a production setup

am thinking of the following:

1- make a copy of the current index ... put it next to it (with a different
name ofcourse)  ... *(how do I accomplish this)*
2- delete documents before May 2014 from the copied index
3- Rename the old index and leave /  Delete it

OR

1- make an empty index
2- pull documents after May2014 from the current index to the new one
*(how do I accomplish this)*3- Rename the old index and leave /  Delete it

appreciate your help guys...
thanks!