My K3S did this a couple of months ago - 40m SSB - 100W. I restarted it and it
continued for nearly another month before switching off again. It did it a
couple of times more over a week or so, before finally turning off and refusing
to turn on again.

On investigation, I realised that I had “temporarily” connected the K3S power
cable to a distribution box, using PowerPoles - bad move. When tracing the
cable routing, I pressed against one of the PowerPoles and the radio came back
on again. I found it impossible to pull the PowerPoles apart, which was due to
the plastic covers being badly distorted by heat. I eventually got round to
pulling the PowerPoles apart by force and unfortunately the + connector flew in
the air and I haven’t found it yet. 😀

However, the contact in the dis-box looks suspiciously like it’s gotten hot and
coupled with the other “evidence” I conclude that the contacts deformed under
heat caused by high current spikes (SSB).

Also, my IC-9700 (although connected to a different PSU - via PowerPoles) did
the same thing, but unlike the K3S, it just rebooted itself.

I have completely rewired all of the high power cables in my shack directly
back to the PSU (Sharman Multicom - 60A) and I’ve had no more problems.

In your case, you’re running 100W for longer periods and that is one possible
cause of a premature breakdown. You could save yourself a lot of trouble, by
examining all of the power connections, including the PowerPoles on the K3
itself.

73,
Alan - G4GNX
South Coast UK
Elecraft K4D / KPA500 / KAT500 / IC-9700