I would check on the code about the unganged breakers for a 240V circuit.  It may not meet the code.  (ALL of my 240 circuits have ganged breakers; as a reference.)

Even if it does meet code, if one 'popped' and the other did not, one side of that circuit would still be hot, therefore unsafe if worked on or problem causing to whatever is connected.  A ganged breaker would mean that if one 'popped' it would shut the other breaker off, removing ALL power to that circuit.

Part of my former career was to do business inspections; this I would refer to a qualified electrician, a world I attempt to avoid as much as possible.  I know enough about electricity, to leave it alone hi hi.

73,
Rick nk7i