  From: Paul<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net<mailto:Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
  Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 9:19 PM
  Subject: [Elecraft] Transverters

  Reflector Members and specifically:

  Simon Lewis
  Don Brown
  Eric Swartz

  Thank you for the help on the transverters.  This evening I removed the AB
switch and made up connectors with RCA's coming off of the 60 meter module
option and BNC on the other end for the Transverters..... but now I have a
problem with incoming audio.  Yesterday, using the AB switch,  the incoming
signal volume worked fine and now there is hardly and audible signal and no
reading or just barely an S1 bar on incoming signals.

  So maybe I jumpered something wrong or I used the wrong connection diagram or
maybe I did not properly tune the 60 meter upgrade module when I put it in.....

  Can any of you offer some insight into where I might start my troubleshooting
on this....

  FYI :

  I am using the diagram on page 66 of the transverter manual and I used the
jumper setting for -20 dBm(.01) to 0 dBm(1 mW) which is listed as the following
connections:

  JP1:  1-2
  JP2:  2-3
  JP3:  1-2
  JP4:  1-2
  JP5:  2-3
  JP6   2-3

  This XV144 is deaf as can be now.. and it was not with the High RF output and
an AB switch.  So I have missed something somewhere!  XV 50 is low audio too.

  By the way - How do you get those BNC  T-connectors to fit back there.  I had
to use them in the vertical positon and then set the transverters on a book so
they did not bend the wires coming out of the bottom of the T-connector when
hooked up to the transverters.  Are you using a special BNC designed T
connector that fits back there?

  Thanks
  Paul
  K8QT